Anglocom is a translation company specializing in high-end corporate communications in English and French. Anglocom also boasts Canada’s largest private in-house team of French-to-English translators.
Anglocom has been acquired by Traductions Serge Bélair Inc. (TRSB), one of Canada’s largest translation firms. With an in-house team of over 300 experienced professionals based in the heart of Old Montreal’s business district, TRSB is a key partner and linguistic consultant for its clients.
SEASONED TRANSLATOR (EN > FR)
Do you have a keen interest in marketing and banking translation and are looking to join a team of dynamic, experienced professionals driven by a desire to make Quebec a global hub for translation? Anglocom is seeking candidates with extensive experience in these areas of translation. Whether you’re interested in translating, revising or supervising our employees, we offer a work environment that promotes knowledge sharing among colleagues.
You will be required to translate marketing and banking documents of varying complexity. You may also be asked to revise general and human resources texts translated by your colleagues or our external collaborators for purposes of quality control.
As a translator, your daily routine would consist in :
- Producing turnkey, high-visibility translations in accordance with Anglocom’s standards, as well as the terminological and stylistic preferences of its clients.
- Performing the basic terminology searches required for such translations.
- Revising and controlling the quality of the content and format of translations produced in-house or by freelancers, in keeping with Anglocom’s standards, as well as the terminological and stylistic preferences of its clients.
- Providing the internal and external translators being revised with the required supervision and feedback.
This position may be ideal for you if you :
- Have at least five to ten years of experience in translation, including five years in marketing and banking. Experience translating human resources and general texts will be considered an asset.
- Hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in translation or in a related field (membership in a recognized professional association, such as OTTIAQ, EAC or ATIO, is an asset).
- Are fluent in French and English, both spoken and written.
- Have good knowledge of banking documents.
- Have natural curiosity and a strong interest in the banking sector.
- Care about delivering quality work, and are detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Are proficient with translation assistance tools, such as Trados, LogiTerm and MultiTerm.
- Can handle tight deadlines.
- Are willing to work overtime during busy periods.
Anglocom offers a work environment with a human dimension, excellent conditions, the opportunity to measure up to sizeable, varied and educational challenges, and opportunities for advancement in a friendly environment.
If you would like to apply, please complete this form and attach the following documents :
Cover letter (optional)